Email Mark Sadaka
- 2016 Best of Bergen
- 2015 Best of Bergen
- 2015 NJ Superlawyers & Rising Stars
- 2015 NY Superlawyers & Rising Stars
- 2014 NJ Superlawyers & Rising Stars
- 2014 NY Superlawyers & Rising Stars
- 2013 NJ Superlawyers & Rising Stars
- 2013 NY Superlawyers & Rising Stars
- 2011 NY Superlawyers & Rising Stars
- Top 40 Under 40
- New Jersey
- New York
- Federal Court of Claims
Mr. Sadaka has appeared in numerous state and federal jurisdictions throughout the country.
JD, Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, MO
- Editor, Washington University Journal of Law and Policy Law Review
- Environmental Moot Court Competition
- Designated a Public Service Scholar with Highest Distinction
MSPH, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Science Advisor, Tulane’s Environmental Law Clinic
- Specialization in Toxicology and Risk Assessment
BS, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- Peer Health Educator, Health Works
- Student Service Award for Leadership in Community Service
Mr. Sadaka has been interviewed by numerous media entities, including national newspapers. He has also appeared in a documentary regarding the dangers of Gardasil and the risk of liver damage from certain weight loss pills. Mr. Sadaka contributed articles to numerous journals and newsletters, including TRIAL magazine and NYSTLA’s Bill of Particulars.
Mr. Sadaka has also been invited to speak on numerous topics related to medical devices and pharmaceutical litigation.
- Multiple committees for Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch Repair Litigation Multidistrict Litigation No. 1842
- Co-Chair of the Plaintiffs’ Science Subcommittee for ReNu Product Liability Multidistrict Litigation No. 1785
- Plaintiffs’ Science Subcommittee and Trial Team for Ortho Evra Product Liability Multidistrict Litigation No. 1742
- Plaintiffs’ Science Subcommittee for Zyprexa Product Liability Multidistrict Litigation No. 1596
- Plaintiffs’ Science Subcommittee for Vioxx Product Liability Multidistrict Litigation No. 1657
- Plaintiffs’ Discovery Subcommittee for ReNu Product Liability Multidistrict Litigation No. 1785
- Plaintiffs’ Discovery Subcommittee for Fosamax Product Liability Multidistrict Litigation No. 1789
- American Association for Justice (the AAJ is formerly known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America [ATLA])
- American Inn Of Court (Justice Morris Pashman)
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Court of Federal Claims Bar Association
- New Jersey American Association for Justice
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA)
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA)
- Society for Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETC)
Mark T. Sadaka
Mark Sadaka established the Law Offices of Sadaka Associates in 2008, a national firm with offices in New York and New Jersey. He is an accomplished trial lawyer and recognized as a leader in the realm of medically complicated cases. Mark Sadaka represents people hurt by prescription drugs, medical devices, vaccines, exposure to hazardous chemicals, and dangerous products. Mr. Sadaka is admitted to the U.S. District Courts, including New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania as well as the Court Of Federal Claims.
His expertise in both science and law makes Mr. Sadaka a highly valued, trusted counsel to his clients. Mr. Sadaka has a truly unique educational foundation that provides an unparalleled understanding of his craft.
He earned a Juris Doctor from Washington University in St. Louis, Mo., and also holds a Master of Science in Public Health from Tulane University in New Orleans, La., and a Bachelor of Science degree from Pennsylvania State University in University Park, Pa.
Mr. Sadaka is well known for his advocacy of socially important litigation. He is a tireless advocate of consumer rights and upholds the view that large companies have a social responsibility of safety and integrity when conducting business. He is not afraid to take on large corporations with nearly unlimited resources to provide a voice for the individual.
Mr. Sadaka has represented thousands of people harmed by products such as pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and vaccines. Under his leadership, the firm has earned millions in settlements for clients in individual and class action cases involving wrongful death, defective products, failure to warn about the side effects of specific products and drugs, and general negligence.
Mr. Sadaka has received numerous academic and professional accolades. Most recently, Mr. Sadaka was selected by a vote of attorneys to be included in (201) magazine’s list of Top Lawyers in Bergen County. New Jersey Super Lawyers & Rising Stars selected Mr. Sadaka to the “2015 Rising Stars List”. This was his seventh Rising Star selection. In 2011, 2013, 2014, and 2015 the New York Metro Super Lawyers & Rising Stars selected him to their “Rising Stars List.” In 2013, 2014, and 2015 New Jersey Super Lawyers & Rising Stars selected Mr. Sadaka to their “Rising Stars List”. The National Trial Lawyers asked him to join their “Top 40 Under 40” list of the top 40 trial lawyers under the age of 40 in New York State.
Mr. Sadaka has been interviewed by national newspapers for his expertise on medical devices and drug safety. His adept knowledge and experience made him an important contributor to a recent French documentary on vaccines. He has also contributed articles to TRIAL magazine and the New York State Trial Lawyers Association’s (NYSTLA) Bill of Particulars as well as the American Association of Justice (AAJ).
He has served on multiple plaintiffs’ committees and subcommittees for product liability litigation for products such as the Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch Repair, ReNu, Ortho Evra, Zyprexa, Vioxx, and Fosamax.
Mr. Sadaka is a member of Board of Governors for New Jersey Trial Lawyers Association. He is also a member of the New York Bar Association, New York State Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, New Jersey Association for Justice, and the American Inns of Court. Mr. Sadaka graduated from the American Inns of Court two-year long trial advocacy course.
Born in Brooklyn, NY Mark Sadaka knew from a young age that he wanted to help others. While attending Penn State University he worked with end-stage AIDs patients in an infectious disease department of a large hospital. During this experience, Mr. Sadaka witnessed mistreatment and misunderstanding of these vulnerable patients. This further fueled his desire to help those who cannot help themselves.
After college, Mr. Sadaka earned a Master of Science in Public Health degree from Tulane University’s School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine with specialization in toxicology and risk assessment. While at Tulane he served as a science advisor for Tulane’s Environmental Law Clinic. This experience coupled with his inherent need to help the sick was the determining factor in Mr. Sadaka’s decision to pursue the practice of law.
Mr. Sadaka went on to earn his law degree from Washington University in St. Louis where he served as an editor of the Journal of Law and Policy. During law school, Mark Sadaka was designated a Public Service Scholar with Highest Distinction for his commitment to public service.
(Past Results Do Not Guarantee Future Outcome)
- Recovery: $3 million settlement for the death of a woman from PML infection;
- Recovery: $3 million settlement for the death of a woman from pulmonary embolism;
- Recovery: Multiple 6 to 7 figure settlements for failing to warn about the side effects from specific product;
- Recovery: $4.85 billion settlement for failing to warn about the side effects of Vioxx; and
- Recovery: $700 million settlement for the failing to warn about the side effects of antipsychotic drug Zyprexa